- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated October 26, 2010 at 11:45 pm by .
- October 26, 2010 at 11:45 pm #287613
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling!)
1/4 cup pineapple preserves
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 large pretzel rod, broken in half
4-ounces cream cheese, softened
Dark rye bread
Black olive slices
1. Beat cheeses, pumpkin, preserves and spices in medium bowl until smooth. Cover refrigerate 2 to 3 hours until cheese is firm enough to shape.
Shape mixture into round pumpkin, place on serving plate.Using a knife, score vertical lines down pumpkin. Place pretzel rod in top for stem. Cut bread into triangles for eyes, cut red pepper into triangle for nose, and cut olives in half to make the mouth.
Surround with parsley.
3. Serve with assorted crackers.
Serves 8 to 10.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.