Tagged: Italian Cream Cheese Cake
- May 4, 2020 at 10:29 am #585086TashdanParticipant
Italian Cream Cheese Cake Recipe
A rich and delicious Italian cream cheese cake with real cream cheese icing! It’s all made from scratch, but this is actually really easy to make. It’s one of my favorites to bring to family reunions because everybody loves it.
For the Cake:
1/2 Cup butter softened
1/2 Cup shortening
2 Cups sugar
5 eggs separated
1 Tsp vanilla extract
2 Cups all-purpose flour
1 Tsp baking soda
1 Cup buttermilk
1 1/2 Cups flaked coconut
1 Cup pecans chopped
11 Oz cream cheese softened
3/4 Cup butter softened
6 Cups confectioners sugar
1 1/2 Tsp vanilla extract
3/4 Cup pecans chopped
Prepare the Cake:
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolks and vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk and beat just until combined.
- Stir in coconut and pecans.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold a fourth of the egg whites into batter, then fold in remaining whites.
- Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Beat in confectioners’ sugar and vanilla until fluffy.
- Stir in pecans.
- Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake.
Store in the refrigerator.
- May 20, 2020 at 10:34 pm #585364mosParticipant
In the picture, the cake looks like it is covered in coconut flakes but the instructions call for the coconut to be in the cake. Are the pecans used for the frosting ground? I can see the pecans in the cake, but not the frosting so I was thinking maybe you ground them.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.