- January 5, 2006 at 3:14 pm #235312
Here’s the Rice Krispies Treats recipe.
Kellogg’s? Rice Krispies Treats? Original
3 tablespoons margarine or butter
1 package (10 oz. about 40) regular marshmallows
or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
6 cups kellogg’s? rice krispies?
1. Melt margarine in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
Remove from heat.
2. Add kellogg’s rice krispies cereal. stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or waxed paper, press mixture evenly into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cut into 2-inch squares when cool.
Best if served the same day.
in a microwave safe bowl, heat margarine and marshmallows at high for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above.Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow creme can be substituted for marshmallows.Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.Store no more than two days in airtight container.
yield: 24 squares
Serving Size: 2 squares (40 grams)
Calories from Fat: 25
% Daily Value
Total Fat: 3 g 5%
Saturated Fat: 0.5 g 3%
Cholesterol: 0 mg 0%
Sodium: 200 mg 8%
Total Carbohydrates: 30 g 10%
Dietary Fiber: 0 g 0%
Sugars: 20 g
Vitamin A: 8% Vitamin C: 10%
Calcium: 0% Iron: 4%
Date: Mon Jun 10, 2002 6:29 pm
Subject: Re: Budget101.com : ISO: some kind of cereal bars to make
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.