- This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated January 5, 2006 at 3:14 pm by .
- January 5, 2006 at 3:14 pm #235354
Originally posted on Budget101 (The first list)
trail mix bars
these chewy bars, chock-full of goodies, make a great snack for snow
1-1/4 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
1/2 cup packaged biscuit mix
1/3 cup dried cherries or raisins
1/4 cup shelled sunflower seeds
1 slightly beaten egg
2 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Layer in a 1-quart glass jar or canister the following ingredients:
oats, nuts, brown sugar, cinnamon, chocolate pieces, biscuit mix, cherries
or raisins, and sunflower seeds. Tap jar gently on the counter to settle
each layer before adding the next one.
Cover jar store at room temperature
up to 1 month. Or, attach baking directions and give as a gift.
2. Baking directions: Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease an 8x8x2-inch
Empty contents of jar into a large bowl. Add egg, milk, oil,
and vanilla. Stir until combined.
Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 25
minutes or until edges are brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
bars. Makes 16.
Nutrition facts per serving: 166 calories, 7 g total fat, 2 g saturated
fat, 13 mg cholesterol, 54 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g
protein, 1% vitamin A, 0% vitamin C, 3% calcium, 5% iron.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.