ISO Salad recipe with Lettuce + Bananas

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes General Recipes ISO Salad recipe with Lettuce + Bananas

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I am looking for a recipe that DH remembers from his childhood (South Dakota Area), I have never heard of anything like this in Minnesota, so it might be a small town recipe. I have looked in his SD cookbooks (from many years ago). This is what he remembers.

It had lettuce, sliced bananas, peanuts, and some mixture of mayo + whipping cream (?).

Anybody heard of anything close to this? He thought it may be a German/American version of something.

Thanks

Maybe something like this?

BANANA SALAD

6 bananas
      1/2 c. chopped nuts
      Banana salad dressing
      Lettuce or other greens

Remove skins from bananas. Slice lengthwise. Roll in chopped nuts. Place on lettuce. Serve with dressing for banana salad.

DRESSING:

4 tbsp. vinegar
      4 tbsp. sugar
      2 tbsp. butter
      2 eggs
      Salt
      1 c. whipping cream

Heat vinegar, sugar, butter and slat in top part of double boiler. Beat eggs slightly. Add vinegar mixture gradually to eggs. Cook in double boiler until thick. Do not boil. When cold, fold in cream which has been whipped just before serving.

Or

PEANUT AND BANANA SALAD

1 banana
      1 tbsp. mayonnaise or salad dressing
      2 tsp. milk
      8 peanuts, ground

Slice banana on salad plate. Thin mayonnaise with milk. Spread on banana. Sprinkle with peanuts.

Could put lettuce on the plate before you put the banana on.

Hope this helps! Thanks; Virginia

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes General Recipes ISO Salad recipe with Lettuce + Bananas