- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated December 19, 2009 at 7:29 pm by .
- December 14, 2009 at 4:20 am #278993
Does anyone here know the ingredients and ratios of the ingredients in mixed pickling spice. I am searching for this to see if i can make it myself. I feel that it is becoming to costly premixed.
Also, if any of you do this i would love to know how it works for you, let me know. i am curious.
- December 14, 2009 at 3:00 pm #426762
Here’s the one Rodale’s gave me years ago. I confess I play with amounts all the time so it’s never the same!
Rodale’s Whole Pickling Spice
2 Tablespoons Bay Leaves
1 Tablespoon dried ginger root
1 1/2 whole dried chili peppers (more if you like it hot!)
2 Tablespoons Mustard seeds
1 Tablespoon Coriander
1 Tablespoon Cardamom Seeds
1 stick cinnamon
1 Tablespoon Whole Allspice
1 Tablespoon Peppercorns
I love this much more than the stuff I used to buy! Hope this helps you!
- December 19, 2009 at 7:29 pm #426832
thank you for replying to my request. my husband and i plan on giving it a try, when we do we will post back how it goes. thank you for replying to my request we both appreciate it.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.