- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated June 1, 2010 at 4:13 pm by .
- June 1, 2010 at 4:18 am #282899redring
Chili Garlic Sauce at bd Mongolian bar is yummy. once you made up sauces you could make quick dinners. This is my favorite sauce there.
anyone have an idea on reproducing it?
- June 1, 2010 at 12:09 pm #428133QTpieHere’s one you can try:
1-1/2 cup dark soy sauce
6 cup water
10 crushed black peppercorns
4 star anise
4 large cloves garlic, crushed
1 cup rice wine or sherry
1 tbsp sugar
2 tsp fresh ginger root, grated
3 cup scallions or leeks, chopped and divided
3 cup chinese parsley or cilantro, minced, divided.SAUCE: Simmer the soy sauce, water, peppercorns, anise and garlic for
a few minutes in a saucepan, then strain and cool. Add the wine,
sugar, ginger root, 2 cups of the scallions or leeks and 2 cups of
the Chinese Parsley. Refresh the sauce with the remaining scallions
or leeks and parsley as cooking progresses.
Taste to correct the
seasoning, then divide among the guests bowls. (NOTE: Do Not taste
the sauce after the raw meat has been dipped in it! Just a
- June 1, 2010 at 4:13 pm #428137redring
Thanks illl try it. 🙂
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.