- This topic has 3 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated September 29, 2013 at 2:02 pm by .
- January 6, 2004 at 4:58 am #250597Guest
8 tablespoons baking soda
3 tablespoons glycerin
1 to 2 teaspoons peppermint or wintergreen flavoringBlend ingredients thoroughly and store in a well-sealed glass container. To use,
dip moistened brush into the paste.
Yields 1/3 cup.
toothache sootherclove oil
dip a swab into clove oil. rub the oil-filled swab on the painful tooth.
do not use this formula for children of any age. very small amounts can cause
possibly fatal poisoning.god bless you!
“not all who wander are lost.”- j.r.r. tolkien
new yahoo! photos – easier uploading and sharing[non-text portions of this message have been removed]
- August 21, 2013 at 9:56 am #442767luckwo
I think this will be worth a try
- September 27, 2013 at 9:02 pm #444178CharlieChick
My favorite toothache recipe is equal parts of sea salt, rosemary, and cloves. Grind all together with e mortar and pestle or in a spice grinder, make a little packet with gauze or empty a tea bag of tea and use that. Dip the packet in steaming hot water and then put the packet between your cheek and the tooth that hurts.Just be aware that you will have to spit A lot! have a cup handy. do not swallow the spit!
the salt and rosemary help remove any infection, and the close helps sooth the pain. i have used this when my cheek is so swollen that i cant even talk, and the next day the pain is gone as well as the swelling.
- September 29, 2013 at 1:39 am #444208besosmiley
Thanks for the idea. I am definately going to try the toothpaste recipe! Growing up we used baking soda all the time for brushing.
- September 29, 2013 at 2:02 pm #444227czcootsOne thing I have tried is essential oil– clove oil diluted 1:1 (1 drop essential oil to 1 drop carrier oil like grapeseed oil, apricot oil, etc ) and placed directly on the gums around the toothache. You can also mix with food grade glycerin or organic aloe to dilute the clove oil. For a young child I would dilute it 1 drop of clove oil to 3 or more drops of carrier oil, glycerin, or organic aloe.
Baking sold is full of sodium (salt) which can irritate the gums. The clove oil is also has antiseptic qualities.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.