Income Tax Question

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    • #255387

      Your check stubs, added together, will show how much you made from this company. And, no, you don't have to earn $600 or more for them to report. The IRS does not REQUIRE them to report under that, but there is no law stopping them from doing so.

      You, on the other hand, are supposed to report all of your income.

      On Jan 26, 2008 8:44 PM, pseuzanne <> wrote:

      I went back to school full-time last year, and didn't work after I
      started school. However, in the spring I did a temporary job for a
      little while, as an independent contractor. I understand that you have

      to earn $600 or more with any particular company for them to report
      your income to the the IRS and send you a 1099 form.

      I really don't remember how much I earned from them…it wasn't much.
      And I haven't received the form, which I would have by now. My only

      other income is child support, which is not taxable. My question is, do
      I not need to file a tax return this year? When applying for financial
      help, sometimes they want a copy of your tax return to prove your

      income (or lack thereof). What will I do if I don't have one from 2007?

      Any tax professionals out there who can answer my questions? I'm afraid
      my accountant will charge me for the phone call if I call him to ask!



Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.