Income Tax Question

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    • #255385

      I am not a professional tax preparer, but I think I can answer this for you. While you may not make enough to have to file, you may owe social security tax. You could call the company and find out what they paid you, and actually they legally have untill 1-31-08 to mail the 1099. I do private contracting for companies and have not received all of mine yet.
      If that is the only work you did, your taxes would be quite simple and you could use some of the free software listed at and not pay your accountant.
      The other issue would be if you are able to claim your children on your taxes. You might qualify for the earned income credit even without alot of taxable income and that could be quite a substancial amount of money for you depending on your full tax situation. Good luck. Beth

      Original Message
      From: pseuzanne
      Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2008

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.