- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated September 9, 2009 at 1:46 pm by .
- September 9, 2009 at 1:46 pm #276092
Ringing the breakfast bell has never been easier! Enjoy all the traditional tastes of breakfast in one easy bake.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 1 hour 10 min
Makes: 12 servings
2 packages (12 oz each) bulk pork sausage
1 medium bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
3 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
1 cup Original Bisquick® mix
2 cups milk
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Heat oven to 400ºF. Grease rectangular baking dish, 13x9x2 inches.
Cook sausage, bell pepper and onion in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Stir together sausage mixture, potatoes and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese in baking dish.
2. Stir Bisquick mix, milk, pepper and eggs until blended.
Pour into baking dish.
3. Bake uncovered 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake 1 to 2 minutes longer or just until cheese is melted. Cool 5 minutes.
If you’d rather make a smaller recipe using a 9-inch pie plate, cut all ingredient amounts in half and bake 30 to 35 minutes.
1 Serving: Calories 300 (Calories from Fat 160); Total Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 115mg; Sodium 490mg; Total Carbohydrate 20g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 4g); Protein 15g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 10%; Calcium 20%; Iron 6% Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.