Immigrants/Illegal Aliens

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Immigrants/Illegal Aliens

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

yeah I believe it my x was uscoast guard and he was always pissed about the help that the illegals could get but those of us working for a living slobs couldn’t get any help without going thru a 1000 miles of red tape only to be turned down.

nny Darocha wrote: I just got this forwarded to me. It’s funny because it fits right in with this thread. Does anyone know if this kind of thing is true??

************************************************************* Letter by a Florida teacher… A teacher speaks out.

This is a subject close to my heart. Do you know that we have adult students at the school where I teach who are not us citizens and who get the pell grant, which is a federal grant (no pay back required) plus other federal grants to go to school?

one student from the dominican republic told me that she didn’t want me to find a job for her after she finished my program, because she was getting housing from our housing department and she was getting a pell grant which paid for her total tuition and books, plus money leftover.

she was looking into wait which gives students a credit card for gas to come to school, and into caribe which is a special program (check it out – i did) for immigrants and it pays for child care and all sorts of needs while they go to school or
      training. the one student i just mentioned told me she was not going to be a us citizen because she plans to return to the dominican republic someday and that she ‘loves her country.’

i asked her if she felt guilty taking what the us is giving her and then not even bothering to become a citizen and she told me that it doesn’t bother her, because that is what the money is there for!

i asked the caribe administration about their program and if you are a u.s. citizen, you don’t qualify for their program. and all the while, i am working a full day, my son-in-law works more than 60 hours a week, and everyone in my family works and pays for our education.
      *********************************************************************************** Jenny D

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. [/url] “] Try it now.[/url]

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Immigrants/Illegal Aliens