Budget101 Discussion List Archives Kids / Children Im Having trouble with my teen!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Avatar for BiggerPiggyBankBiggerPiggyBank
      Participant

I totally agree with everything you said. Our older son that was driving me insane thought he was pretty cool on his 18th birthday when he moved out into an apartment with his girlfriend. It only took 3 months of “real world” living and he came over to apologize to us for all he had put us thru and to ask if he could move back home and finish school.

I am happy to say he’s now 24 with a beautiful wife(not the girl he moved out with at 18) and new baby and promising future. At 16 and older, it is time to face there are real world consequences for your actions. And now more and more laws are changing to hold the parents liable for whatever a teen does, that you have to be the one in control or you might find yourself in jail.

Teen years are a mixed bag. Sometimes it’s great, sometimes not. But you can’t give up or give in.

No one gets instant experience when you become a parent. You do the best you can.
      Casey

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Kids / Children Im Having trouble with my teen!