Budget101 Discussion List Archives Tips-n-Tricks If you Ever See this on the Highway, Get Away Immediately!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

i was driving to work this morning and a car passed me, when i saw the condition it was in, i got away from it as fast as i could. if you ever see this on a vehicle when traveling, get away – because this is what can happen to you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mmWv6pgBQg

Snow and Ice can become an instant projectile that can go right through another persons windshield. Always clean your vehicle off properly in the wintertime to avoid creating this serious issue. I watched a car this morning with a sheet of ice/snow on their roof whipping in and out of traffic and then the ice flew off from the wind and the car behind it swerved and ended up in a ditch to avoid it, smashing the hell out of their car!!

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Keymaster

@MissMindy 992788 wrote:

If you ever see this on a vehicle when traveling, GET AWAY – because this is what can happen to you!

MissMindy, first, thank you for sharing your tip, but would you mind clarifying what you mean about GET AWAY because it would appear some members of our FB page took this to mean, swerve wildly in the road.

@Liss 992845 wrote:

MissMindy, first, thank you for sharing your tip, but would you mind clarifying what you mean about get away because it would appear some members of our fb page took this to mean, swerve wildly in the road.

oh my! no, i simply meant that if you see a vehicle on the road that is near your car that has neglected to clean their roof, hood, etc properly you should immediately slow down and move away from them by switching lanes, stopping on the side of the road for a few moments, or if possible, safely passing them to get as far away from them as you can. sorry if i caused confusion liss, i thought it was quite self explanatory in my op.

Keymaster

Another thing we should mention, the driver in this video clearly had a mounted dash cam. We have one in every vehicle we own, coincidentally, if you let your insurance company know you have one installed they may reduce your insurance rates. They are invaluable in the event of an accident. South Carolina is notorious for poor drivers that whip out in front of people and then slam on the breaks hoping for a big insurance payout, particularly through Oct-December. Its wonderful to have that resource to prove the other person was at fault.

Amazon.com: dash cams They’re relatively inexpensive too, worth every penny.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Tips-n-Tricks If you Ever See this on the Highway, Get Away Immediately!