- This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated January 10, 2008 at 12:42 pm by .
- January 10, 2008 at 12:42 pm #244471MissDaisy
6 bags earl grey tea (or your own tea choice)
10 fluid ounces fresh cold orange juice
1-2 tablespoon honey, to taste
12 sprigs mint
1/2 limes, juice of
1/2 oranges, in slices
1/2 lemons, in slices
ice1. Make very strong tea in a large teapot using the tea-bags and 1
liter/quart boiling water.
2. Add the honey and 6 sprigs of the mint to the teapot
After 20 minutes remove the tea-bags, and let the tea get really cold.
4. When the tea is cold remove the mint.
5. Put ice in a large jug, pour the tea over, then the orange juice and the
juice of the lime.
Follow this with the other sprigs of mint, the orange and lemon slices.
7. Stir well and serve in glasses with more ice.Sparkling Iced
This is a really refreshing drink that looks great served in margarita
glasses! You could even add a little dark rum to spice up the flavour!
4 cups sparkling water
2 cups regular water
1 cup lemon flavoured ice tea mix
3 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 cup sugar
2 cups of crushed ice
lemon or lime slices1. Combine sparkling water, water, iced tea mix, and honey in a pitcher.
2. Take margarita glasses and rim in 1/4 cup of lemon juice.
Then rim the glasses with the sugar.
4. Fill your glasses with ice and pour in the iced tea.
5. Garnish with lemons or limes.
Iced Tea1 Lipton family size tea bag
6 cups cold water
1 cup hot boiling water
1 cup sugar
4 cups ice
1. Place the 6 cups of water and the tea bag in a microwave safe container.
2. Push the tea bag down into the water to thoroughly soak the tea bag.
Microwave in HIGH power for 7 minutes.
4. Remove and let rest 5 minutes.
5. Heat the 1 cup of water in the microwave on HIGH until it just starts to
6.Remove and slowly pour in the 1 cup of sugar, stirring to dissolve.
7. When the sugar has completely dissolved, add this mixture into the 6 cups
of brewed tea.
8. Squeeze the tea bag and discard.
Add the 4 cups of commercial ice to the brewed tea and dissolved’sugar
10. To serve, pour into a glass or mug that has been filled with additional
11. Serve with a fresh lemon or lime wedge.
Iced Tea With A Twist4 cups cold strong tea
1 cup orange juice
1/2 cup grapefruit juice
1/4-1/3 cup sugar
1 strip orange rind (optional)
1 strip grapefruit peel (optional)
1. In a 2-quart pitcher combine tea, orange juice, and grapefruit juice.
2. Stir in desired amount of sugar to taste.
To serve, pour over ice cubes in glasses.
4. If desired, tie a strip of orange peel and a strip of grapefruit peel
into a knot and use as a garnish.
5. Serve at once.Russian Iced Tea
A nice spicy blend that is a delicious change of pace.
2 cups sugar
2 cinnamon sticks
3 cups pineapple juice
5 black tea bags1. Bring sugar and cinnamon sticks to a boil with one quart of water over
medium heat; simmer 20 minutes.
2. Remove zest from oranges and lemons, reserve.
Squeeze juice from oranges and lemons, reserve.
4. Remove cinnamon sticks and add fruit juices and zest, cooking 5 minutes
5. Remove from heat and strain.
Steep tea bags in 2 cups of boiling water; cool.
7. Mix together tea with fruit juices and 2 quarts of cold water.
8. Serve cold, over ice.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.