Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Breakfast Ideas I need quick breakfast recipes please!

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author

Hi! I’m looking for some good breakfast recipes. School breakfast is not very healthy and is higher in price than a lunch.

The myo oatmeal was good but my kids are getting tired of oatmeal. Something quick or could be prepared the night before would be nice. Thanks!!!

:119:

mos
      Participant

there are a gazillion recipes here for breakfasts for any tastes. some are make and freeze ahead, others are for amounts that would serve several days or could be frozen for future use. use the resources here, dear;-) go to the top of the home page and look for the search button.

click it. then in the empty space, enter some information like, muffins or burritos or breakfast sandwiches and then click okay. you’ll be provided with a ton of nutritional — and inexpensive — meals!

Here’s a website dedicated solely to Breakfast recipes. Enjoy!

Mr. Breakfast.com

and here’s some simple recipes from recipezaar:

Simple Breakfast Recipes

I like to make a batch of mini pancakes and freeze them. The kids just pull out a few and nuke them in the microwave.

I’ve done waffles and frozen them. One of the nice things is that we put ours in the toaster and they get crispy, but still soft on the inside.

Also, we have plain grits from our local farmer’s market. I can cook a large batch and flavor each bowl. I have also heard of grit cakes, but I have no idea how to make them.

Shannon

Check tasteofhome.com
      I have used their recipes and my kids like them. Making ahead works well for us. I can cook a whole pack of sausage and nuke as we go along to go with frozen pancakes or waffles etc.

Smoothes with theoveripe produce work well too.

Here’s one for you. I haven’t tried it yet, but I think I’m going to try it some time real soon! I think I may have found it on this site, but I’m not sure.

Breakfast Tortillas

12 Tortilla shells
      1 dozen Eggs
      2 potatoes cube into small squares
      Breakfast Meat (package of bacon, sausage, 1/2 pound of ham cubed etc)
      2 Green Peppers Diced
      1 onion diced
      2 Cups Shredded cheese

Scramble the eggs, cook the potatoes, and the breakfast meat separately. You may sauté the onions and green peppers with the potatoes. Place all the ingredients except cheese and tortillas in a large mixing bowl, and mix together, OR you can simply add a bit of each one to the tortilla shell.

Add the cheese on top, and then wrap the shell up burrito style. Wrap each one in plastic wrap then place them all in an airtight container, or Ziploc baggie and freeze. To reheat loosen the plastic wrap around the burrito, just enough so that it can get air, but leave the burrito wrapped, microwave for approximately 3 minutes, remove plastic wrap and serve with mild salsa.

You can make french toast ahead of time. I put mine in the freezer and refry or pop them in the toaster.

Also I am not sure about healthy but its a faverite.

1 lb sasage cooked. Add 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese and pepper. cream togather.add mixture to fridgerater cressent rolls and bake till crispy.

let cool and eat. They are a bit like biscuits and gravey in a role.

I love the Mr. Breakfast website. It is the best.

One of our favorite breakfast is Breakfast Parfaits
      In a clear glass or in a bowl put some plain yougurt. top with a spoon full of jam and then your choice of fruit. sprinkle with grapenuts and then layer again to fill your container.

Make it the day before and just grab it and eat! We like some whole wheat toast to go with it. Nice change from oatmeal, or other hot cereals, pancakes, waffles or eggs, bacon routine.

@FruGal 105170 wrote:

Here’s one for you. I haven’t tried it yet, but I think I’m going to try it some time real soon! I think I may have found it on this site, but I’m not sure.

Breakfast Tortillas

12 Tortilla shells
      1 dozen Eggs
      2 potatoes cube into small squares
      Breakfast Meat (package of bacon, sausage, 1/2 pound of ham cubed etc)
      2 Green Peppers Diced
      1 onion diced
      2 Cups Shredded cheese

Scramble the eggs, cook the potatoes, and the breakfast meat separately. You may sauté the onions and green peppers with the potatoes. Place all the ingredients except cheese and tortillas in a large mixing bowl, and mix together, OR you can simply add a bit of each one to the tortilla shell.

Add the cheese on top, and then wrap the shell up burrito style. Wrap each one in plastic wrap then place them all in an airtight container, or Ziploc baggie and freeze. To reheat loosen the plastic wrap around the burrito, just enough so that it can get air, but leave the burrito wrapped, microwave for approximately 3 minutes, remove plastic wrap and serve with mild salsa.

That sounds wonderful. My husband would love that, especially since I could make and freeze. I never even thought of doing that for breakfasts in advance.

Thanks!

Hey that is one of my kids favorites -I also make muffins and banana bread and freeze -breakfast sandwiches also -like a mc muffin Bobbi -ne

A breakfast Cassrole that is not very expensive and good and can be put in the Refrig and heated up the next day, and last for about 3 days before going bad. Tastes good too!!

2 Cans Crescent Rolls
      1 lb. Sasage (hot or not)
      6 eggs beaten
      3 cups chedder cheese

Brown and drain sausage. Layer 1 can of cresent rolls in bottom of 9×13 pan. Place browned sausage over cresent rolls.

Place cheese evenly over sasuage. Pour beaten eggs evenly over cheese. Top casserole with the second can of crecsent rolls layerd so that the casserole is covered.

bake at 350 for 30 mintues or until browned. Let slightly cool and cut into squares before serving.

* very good microwaved the next day, and three days later even.

That casserole sounds good, Lillime!! Think I will try that one this weekend. The tortillas are a good one also.

Made your casserole this morning, Lillime. It was VERY good. Even my picky eater son liked it.

I am a LAZY cook when I can be…and something my kids love are sausage and eggers, all I do is in a glass dish about the size of an english muffin, break and egg (puncturing the yolk to lessen the possibility of it exploding), and nuke it for 60 seconds for one egg (1min 45 seconds for 4). I toss it on a slightly toasted english muffin with toast, and cooked sausage cut in half and lengthwise (I usually bake a whole bunch of sasages in the oven at once and flash freeze them so that I can take out what I need and nuke them. For me to make 4 of these it takes about 10 mins…hope this helps!

I am a LAZY cook when I can get away with it, and one of the things my kids love are sausage and eggers. I usually have some precooked sausage in the freezer (I usually bake a whole bunch and then flash freeze so I can take what I need as I go), so for 4 of these I’d need 4 sausages, reheated, cut in half and lengthwise (unless you REALLY want to spend a fortune on the sasauge patties). I toast 4 english muffins, and break 4 eggs into SEPERATE round dishes that are as big around as the english muffins, puncture the yolks so that they don’t explode in the microwave, and cook in the microwave for about 60 seconds for one (if cooking all 4, cook for 60 seconds, then turn the bowl half way around, and cook again for about 30 seconds or until they are completely cooked through).

Place the egg and sasauge onto an english muffin with a slice of cheese, and voila…you’re done! It usually only takes me 10 mins start to finish (excluding cleanup).

Viewing 16 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Breakfast Ideas I need quick breakfast recipes please!