Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes General Recipes I need help with crockpot soup beans

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

We don’t have a lot of money right now and I noticed that I have a bag of Lima beans. I don’t have any ham, but I have some bacon in the freezer. Does anyone have a crockpot recipe for Lima beans and bacon? It will need to be a simple recipe because I don’t have a lot in the cupboards, but it can have seasonings. Fair warning, my husband won’t let me add any type of tomatoes to soup beans. 🙁

I am sort of new to crockpot cooking so exact amounts would help a lot. Especially the amount of water to use.

Thank you

2 pound Bag Fresh Green Lima Beans Sorted And Washed
      1 Tablespoon Salt
      1 teaspoon Black Pepper
      1 stick Butter
      1 whole Medium Sweet Onion, Chopped
      3 cups Water
      6 strips Uncooked Bacon Or 2 Tablespoons Bacon Drippings

Dump everything into the crockpot, stir it together and then put it on high for 4-6 hours- stir it about halfway through if you can.

I didn’t think of this before, but if you’re using DRIED beans and not FRESH beans, here’s how to get them ready for the recipe above:

Rinse and sort 1 POUND of beans, place into stockpot with just enough water to cover them, plus about an inch. Bring to a boil, cover and turn off the burner. Let soak covered for one hour, drain and set aside.

Thank you, that recipe sounds perfect. 🙂

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes General Recipes I need help with crockpot soup beans