Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes General Recipes I need a good Sugar Cookie Recipe

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

So I have a potluck next Sunday to go to and I thought it would be nice to make Turkey shaped Sugar Cookies for the kids. But………..I have a hard time finding a really moist and tasty sugar cookie recipe. They always come out hard, or w/o flavor.
      Does anyone have a rockin’ recipe that you would mind sharing???? Please and Thank you!
      two cents

I have the same problem! I would love it as well if someone would share with us??? 🙂

Old Fashioned Sugar Cookies

Beat together until light & fluffy:

1 cup butter, room temperature
      1-1/2 cups sugar
      1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
      3 eggs
      1 tablespoon corn syrup

Beat in until blended:

3-3/4 cups flour
      pinch of salt
      2 teaspoons baking powder
      3/4 teaspoon baking soda

Divide into two portions. Wrap & refridgerate for several hours or overnight.

To bake:

Preheat oven to 350° and lightly grease baking sheets. (I find that the insulated pans do not work real well for some reason!)

Roll out dough on floured surface 3/16 to 1/4 inch thick. Cut with lightly floured cutters. Place 1-1/2 inches apart on baking sheets. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until pale in color. Baking time depends on size & thickness of cookies. Cool on racks. Makes about 40 or 50 cookies, depending on the size.

If you really want a pretty cookie without having to ice it try using cookie paint before you bake the cookies! I usually use an empty styro egg carton. Put a little white corn syrup in as many cups as you want colors. Add food coloring to each, along with a few drops (up to 1/2 teaspoon) water. Mix well and apply with clean paintbrushes used only for this purpose! Bake cookies as directed.

These cookies are just the right amount of sweet, and they are crisp on the outside and soft on the inside, thanks to the corn syrup. I hope you enjoy these as much as my family and I do.

Have you tried the one off this site – under mixes – I made these for Halloween cookies for my daycare kids to frost – very good and easy BOBBI -NE

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes General Recipes I need a good Sugar Cookie Recipe