- This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated July 31, 2019 at 5:59 pm by .
- October 30, 2017 at 1:22 pm #381837JoeClark
• 1 Pint Heavy Whipping Cream (zero carb cream)
• 3 Tbsp Sweetener Substitute
• 4 Tbsp Sugar-Free Syrup (your choice)Directions:
Put mixing bowl and whisk in freezer for 10 minutes, then pour cream into bowl and let sit in freezer for an additional few minutes until the cream starts to freeze on the sides.
Begin mixing cream on low setting, and gradually increase to medium speed to get cream frothy and slightly thickened, reduce speed and add the sweetener until the cream has a nice light sweetness. Begin mixing on medium again and slowly increase the speed to high.At this point add the syrups of your choice while mixing to a heavy whipped cream. Start with 4 Tbsp of syrup, taste, and adjust to your liking. Finish whipping until the cream is heavy and thick, and the whisk starts struggling to move through the cream. Pour into container of choice, freeze and enjoy!
Macros per serving (10 servings):Calories: 160
I get my sugar-free syrups from Da-Vinci on net-trition. You can also add ground nuts into the ice cream which adds a really nice texture. The pumpkin pie ice-cream pictured above has ground peanuts in it!
- November 5, 2017 at 9:48 pm #464432mos
Oh this sounds wonderful, since I do keto! From your directions, it sounds like you are switching back and forth between a ‘mechanical’ mixer and a whisking by hand. Is this right?
- July 22, 2019 at 6:30 pm #577368JoeClarkNo, I use a kitchenaid mixer and it has a whisk attachment on it.
- July 31, 2019 at 5:59 pm #577641mos
Ahh…well, I don’t have a Kitchenaid, so I’ll try my best…
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.