Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List I am looking for ideas on what to do this summer with my kids

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Don’t have kids of my own, but…When I was a kid we went to a public swimming area at a nearby lake several times a month. It was only a couple of bucks for a carload. Mom packed a lunch and we would spend the better part of a day there.Do you have a community swimming pool nearby?

Check out your local library, they may have summer reading programs or other learning activities. Or, justgoing tochoose books and getting out of the heat and into air conditioning. Picnicing at the local park, frisbee, playgrounds, etc.

Out in the country we had a creek nearby and we’d go down there and catch crawdads and play in the water. We also took walks in the woods. We camped out in the yard and cooked on a campfire.

Check local paper to see if there are any free activities such as parades, festivals, county
      fairs. Also, many museums, botanical gardensand zoos have free days. If there are any in your locality just call and ask.

Family bike rides. I’m sure you’ll get tons more suggestions on this group.

teddysbutterflybluepit wrote: hi i am a sahm of five kids our budget is so tight it screams sometimes
      i am looking for ideas on what to do this summer with my
      kids for free
      or really cheap.the ages are 4,8,12,14,16.. i dont drive a car so ideas
      on things to do around the house or neighborhhod.or if anyone nows some
      good websites that give good craft ideas or fun stuff for the kids and
      me so we dont go bonkers during summer break.

Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows.
      Yahoo! Answers – Check it out.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List I am looking for ideas on what to do this summer with my kids