- December 17, 2008 at 11:43 pm #267888
1/2 box Jiffy Corn muffin mix
1/2 box Jiffy Biscuit mix
1 small onion or onion flakes
1/2 to 3/4 c milk
mix all ingredients, set aside to let rise about one hour. do not stir again.
deep fry until golden brown.
a fish fry just wouldn’t be the same without some good ol southern hush puppies. this recipe was submitted by vergie schoenborn in a campground recipe booklet and i haven’t used any other recipe since tasting hers.
- December 18, 2008 at 12:22 am #406373
Why is the recipe only a 1/2 box? How many Hush Puppies does the recipe make?
- December 18, 2008 at 4:59 pm #406406
this makes enought for a family of 4 or 5, you drop teaspoons full into hot grease, so depending on the size I usually get around 20 or so.
- December 19, 2008 at 12:27 pm #406466
We love Hush Puppies. DH makes up a big batch of them & we freeze the extras. We take a few out & heat in the oven ( still frozen, wrapped in foil) with what ever meat we are having.
- December 21, 2008 at 5:37 pm #406646
Sounds good. Will try them.
- December 21, 2008 at 8:52 pm #406652
I think I will try them also….thanks!!
- December 21, 2008 at 10:11 pm #406669
thank you. hubby loves hush puppies
- December 21, 2008 at 10:28 pm #406673
ooh, Niddi, you have my mouth watering! I miss my southern food!
- December 22, 2008 at 3:04 pm #406730
rtebalt, hope you get to come down for the holidays?? fill up on southern food then and make a New Years resolution to take off all the pounds you packed on.
- December 22, 2008 at 3:47 pm #406734
Actually, we’re staying in Pa for Christmas, but my parents are coming up. (I’m still hoping for a white Christmas. 🙂 )
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.