Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes F.A.Q husband thinks i am crazy…

This topic contains 22 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by kronbreezy February 6, 2014 at 3:28 am.

• Author

i love to read and collect cook books. does that make me crazy? i love to cook and to bake so i am not just reading and wishing, i have learned alot over the years.

i have 400+ free e-cookbooks from amazon. and about 150+ paper cookbooks. i even had it put into my mom’s will that i get her stash when she dies.

that was the point that he said i needed to be committed :(.

am i the only one that has an obsession like this?

(i realize this wasnt the FAQ that was planned when the forum was created but i thought it fit :))

I also love to read cookbooks, so does dh. i keep wondering when my amazon reader will fill up with all the free e-cookbooks i have as well (hoping for a kindle for christmas, so i can browse while watching tv). tell him you are not crazy 😉

my kindle did get full with all the ebooks. so dh put kindle for pc on my pc and that is where i store all of my e-cookbooks and then i use the kindle for reading the romance novels. 🙂 do you have a favorite cookbook?

You are not crazy, you sound normal to me. Lots of people love to read and collect cookbooks. I am always looking for recipes.

Thanks; Virginia

Sounds perfectly normal to me. I have hundreds of cookbooks–four large bookshelves full. I sold three boxes full last year to make room for this years.

LOL

you are brave selling your cookbooks, i would have done it kicking and screaming. 😉

I -love- cookbooks. Especially old ones. I keep ALL my cookbooks.

Even the ones I don’t use that much. I love to read through them…it’s a great way to get new ideas.
    Nope, you’re not crazy…at all. Sound pretty normal to me.

Sounds perfectly normal to me. I’ve never met a cookbook I didn’t like. 🙂

My husband knows I’m crazy. He buckled me in and drove me most of the way himself. :0)
    As for cook books though, I have my Mom’s and my Gramaws.

And also, three recipe boxes with gramaws old goodies hand written. One is a recipe her grandfather wrote for swamp gravy. No, I only think your crazy if you answer yourself.

And I occasionally do…

i love the support of everyone on the forums…maybe since i have discovered i am not the only one, maybe he should see what is under the microwave stand? NAH!!! maybe i should that stash to myself 😉

Even if he does try to commit you, at least the other inmates will eat well!! There is nothing wrong with the love of cooking/baking. Its a stress reliever, something to bond over and just overall fun…at least the flour wars are.

lol

i never thought about it in a way that i coul dbe cooking for my fellow roomates. most will hopefully be more crazy than me and not complain when we have chicken twice in one week. 🙂

I’m totally obsessed with cookbooks – I read them like novels. I was up to over 200 when my husband finally put his foot down and said that if a new cookbook comes in the door, and equal width have to go out (so they stay within their assigned shelves!). I too have about 400 on my Kindle…

but my Kindle is full so I had to stop downloading them, LOL.

@kbeeps 291155 wrote:

I’m totally obsessed with cookbooks – I read them like novels. I was up to over 200 when my husband finally put his foot down and said that if a new cookbook comes in the door, and equal width have to go out (so they stay within their assigned shelves!). I too have about 400 on my Kindle…

but my Kindle is full so I had to stop downloading them, lol.

i had filled my kindle with cookbooks too, so i put kindle for pc on my laptop and the only books i have there are my cookbooks. the space is only limited by the size of my hard drive…and it isn’t tiny. 🙂

Liss
    Keymaster

@splashangel 261551 wrote:

No, I only think your crazy if you answer yourself. And I occasionally do…

Aww crap, this is what qualifies one as crazy??? I’m nuttier than an outhouse bat then!

When I’m working on something, particularly if I’m writing code (html, css, MySQL strings, etc), I will literally talk out loud through each step…. it sounds something like this…

click on that string, highlight it, copy it, hit control F, find that string, NO- not that one fool, the next one, yah that’s it, hit paste, save it, test it, crap it didn’t work, what did you forget, I didn’t forget anything, maybe I stuck in the wrong place, delete that, scroll up and see if you can shove above that last directive… okay.. now.. click on that string.. highlight it, copy it…

and ye gads, I know I do this because it helps me catch any mistakes I might make that would wipe out the entire site at once. I don’t have “tech guys” that take care of things for me, and I didn’t go to school for this…so creating and running my sites has been quite a learning curve!

Didn’t Einstein once say that talking to oneself was a sign of genius? *reaching*:shemademe1:

ok Liss, you win. 😀

I love my cookbook collection. I can sit and read them for hours for inspiration.

@deidre 401199 wrote:

I love my cookbook collection. I can sit and read them for hours for inspiration.

I do that as well, my kids always get me cookbooks as gifts.

My husband knows that my cookbook obsession means more delicious food for him to enjoy! So I may be crazy about reading cookbooks but he’s crazy about my cooking.

I am much luckier than most of you girls are!! My hubby doesn’t care how many cookbooks I have… as long as I make nice meals for him..LOL I also love the older cookbooks.

There’s something so nostalgic about them and I guess that is what I love most about them.

My mom collected cookbooks and would ofter sit up late at night just perusing the recipes. I do the same thing. All the old cookbooks have very interesting ideas and tips that we don’t find now a days.

Today we have the e-cookbooks which are nice, but there is just something about having a book in front of you flipping the pages. No, you are not CRAZY!

I make cheese Nacho dip

1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell’s® Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup
    1/2 cup Pace® Chunky Salsa
    Chopped tomato
    Sliced green onion
    sliced pitted ripe olives
    Chopped green or red pepper
    1 bag (about 9 ounces) tortilla chips or fresh vegetables

I love cookbooks and I think it’s great you want your mother’s passed down to you. The recipe’s that are passed on are always the best!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login Register

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes F.A.Q husband thinks i am crazy…