¼ cup chopped nuts
      ¾ cup vegetable oil
      8 oz. crushed pineapple, drained
      3 eggs, beaten
      1 tsp vanilla
      ½ tsp cinnamon
      1 tsp baking soda
      1 tsp salt

Mix together all ingredients using a whisk or hand beater. Transfer batter into a greased ring or bundt pan.
      Bake for 50 minutes at 350°F.

Sprinkle with confectioners sugar drizzle with icing or serve plain.

Sounds yummy! Can’t wait to try it!

This sounds great! Do you know why its called a hummingbir cake?

Not sure why, but it is delish!!

Can’t wait to try this- sounds so yummy!:041:

Ok I had this for breakfast today with a few changes and it was really good! I used 1 cup whole wheat flour and 1 cup unbleached flour and then I used 1/2 cup fruit concentrate and 1 cup splenda because I was in a hurry and only had 1/2 cup of concentrate made up. anyway it was so very good!

Really warmed us up along with bacon and scrambled eggs for a late breakfast- can’t believe I slept until 8am! I make up fruit concentrate with frozen unsweetened apple or white grape juice. a 12 oz container is 1 1/2 cups.

I boil that up until it is reduced to 1 cup and that is my fruit concentrate. You can replace sugar in most recipes using half as much fruit concentrate as the sugar. Like in this recipe I would of used 1 cup concentrate instead of 2 cups sugar.

It works very well in cakes unlike Splenda. I found it works best with fruit or chocolate cakes. white cakes you can taste the apple so I use half the fruit concentrate and make the other have Splenda.

It didn’t work in Pumpkin pies either. I used half fruit concentrate and half splenda to get it to taste right. I have a chocolate raspberry torte cake that is to die for that I’ll try to post later on.

My dh is borderline diabetic and my liver is about gone so i have to be careful what i eat and sugar is a very big no, no. but i have experimented and found a way to make the whole grain and no sugar thing work so i can have my cake and eat it too!

oh my gosh it frigid cold here today and suppose to be colder tomorrow! my toes feel like permanent ice cubes!

cherlynn
      nw mo

Very nice! Thanks! 🙂

Cake for breakfast LOL sounds great though

I love the changes as well brchbell!! Great idea!!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.