- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated February 17, 2020 at 4:46 pm by .
- February 17, 2020 at 4:46 pm #581799mos
Hummingbird Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
For the Cake:
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
3 eggs, beaten
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
8-oz can crushed pineapple, well-drained
1 cup pecans, chopped
2 cups banana, firm ripe and chopped
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
16 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup butter, room temperature
2 lb confectioners’ sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 to 1 cup pecans, chopped (toasted, if desired)Make the Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°. Generously grease and flour three 9-inch round cake pans.
- Sift the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon together into a large mixing bowl several times.
- Add the eggs and vegetable oil to the dry ingredients. Stir with a wooden spoon until ingredients are moistened.
- Stir in vanilla, drained pineapple, and 1 cup pecans.
- Stir in the chopped bananas.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared cake pans.
- Bake the layers in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 min or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 min, then turn them onto cooling racks. Cool completely before frosting.
Make the Frosting and Assemble:
- To make the frosting, combine the cream cheese and butter in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer. Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add the confectioners’ sugar and beat on low speed until combined.
- Increase the speed to medium-high and continue beating until the frosting is light and fluffy.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Frost the tops of all three layers of the cake and then stack them.
- Frost the sides of the cake.
- Sprinkle the top of the cake evenly with the 1/2 to 1 cup chopped pecans. Serves 16
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.