Hulu.com

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      beths

Has anyone really utilized Hulu.com and have an opinion on it? I have been exploring the site and wondering if hooking up the older laptop that I have to the tv might just meet my viewing needs totally free. Anyone doing this?

I work at home. I need the noise but refuse to pay 60.00 for dish. Considering netflix.

Would get alot for the money there. Anyone?

naolav

I have utilized Hulu. It’s okay. Nothing great.

What I don’t like about it is that there’s more “trailers” and “clips” of movies or series than there are actual shows, so it takes a lot longer to weed through what there is to watch. most of the stuff is older shows and/or movies unless you want to pay to watch something, but i like it for my kids because i can find some of the nicer older shows that are full of all the smut that we get on modern tv.

it’s free to sign up, so i would suggest signing up and taking some time to look around. there’s others out there that are better, i think. if you do an internet search for free tv online, you find more, and most of them are free to join as well.
      naola

beths

I’ve gave in. What I have been operating on for the last year is FTA. Does not cost anything but the price for the reciever box.

At times you might recieve regular channels and what is consider premium channels. It’s been unreliable last couple of months.

I called dish today, signed up for basic pkg that will include the locals. 25.99 a month. It’s difficult in the winter months not to have good television.

I work at home, I get out every 2 weeks to shop. I hope to return to FTA but I will keep dish available. It’s 5.00 a month to put on vacation.

Technology is moving right along. The FTA tv signal is recieved through the internet. I fully expect dish and direct to someday have some competition.

It’s real joke what i will recieve in the basic package but I am willing to pay it to have the networks.

There continues to be an arguement as to who owns what in the sky. Some call it piracy to capture the signal. All I know is I come from a day when television was free.

shelly2234

Hulu is ok and so is Fancast 🙂
      Nothing beats cable though

Creditnet

I used to pay over $100 each month to Comcast for cable. What I found, after 3 years, was I was really only watching network stations… abc, nbc, cbs, fox.

now, i watch via hulu or i go to the network’s website and watch shows there. it’s cheaper than tivo or dvr because it’s free. and all i pay for is internet.

yes, it can be annoying to have to watch trailers, but 30 seconds of a trailer is better than 2 minutes of commercials. Plus, you can always get through all the commercials at once by clicking through to each different segment. Then, start at the beginning and watch Desperate Housewives uninterrupted!

Now that you can stream in HD, I can’t justify paying $1200+ a year for TV that I hardly use.

mdowdy

@Creditnet 135667 wrote:

I used to pay over $100 each month to Comcast for cable. What I found, after 3 years, was I was really only watching network stations… abc, nbc, cbs, fox.

now, i watch via hulu or i go to the network’s website and watch shows there. it’s cheaper than tivo or dvr because it’s free. and all i pay for is internet.

yes, it can be annoying to have to watch trailers, but 30 seconds of a trailer is better than 2 minutes of commercials. Plus, you can always get through all the commercials at once by clicking through to each different segment. Then, start at the beginning and watch Desperate Housewives uninterrupted!

Now that you can stream in HD, I can’t justify paying $1200+ a year for tv that i hardly use.

just a little tip on comcast, i have a good friend who works for them and this works i did it. get a quote from direct tv call comcast tell them you have a quote from direct tv and are going to change if your bill is not lowered somehow. they will keep your same channels and lower your bill to the specials they have for that package.

just got mine lowered from 114.00 a month to 71.95 includin taxes. Thats almost half of what I was payingmultistars smilie it is good for 6 months, the rep told me in 6 months call them back and threaten to switch again they will lower it again.

Creditnet

Still, for me, it’s just not worth it to pay $70+ per month for hundreds of channels I won’t watch! It’s just as easy to find an episode of Lost online for free. But I do have friends who really need to watch tv and channel surf every night before bed, so i guess it’s just personal preference.

beths

I think I lasted with dish for 3 months. Totally sickening to go bk to paying that sort of money for noise. I did purchase another FTA reciever and enjoyed it for several months but its time to buy a new one and until I do, its net flix all the way!

I’ve really enjoyed the instant streaming and have watched several old shows from start to finish, which is really alot of fun.

11.00 a month, no commercials and plenty to choose from. 🙂

Tangee

I love hulu and have been thinking about getting rid of our cable or at least downgrading to basic cable.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.