- This topic is empty.
- December 11, 2020 at 11:04 am #595233owavuhokParticipant
How to Win at Cookie Fails! If your batch of Christmas cookies fails, for whatever reason, here are some tricks to save them (no one will ever need to know!)
First, Learn why they failed:
Cut Out Cookies that Overspread:
Once they come out of the oven, use the cookie cutters to immediately recut them.
How to Win at Cookie fails
Saving Burnt Cookies
- Use a zester to shave the burnt part off the bottom or sides.
- Store burnt cookies in a jar with a piece of bread- they’ll soften.
- Grate off the side and bottom, then use them in ice cream sandwiches.
- Remove the burned areas, then crush them add a bit of butter and sugar and use them as a piecrust for chocolate cream pie.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- December 14, 2020 at 4:18 pm #595390mosParticipant
Bravo! Very clever! I’ll have to remember to ‘rename’ and treat accordingly the cookies that had a mind of their own! LOL!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.