- February 18, 2010 at 7:36 pm #281163FreebieQueenModerator
Hello & Welcome to one of our most popular sections in our Forums. Sometimes it can be hard to understand how to find a particular recipe, or request help in finding a particular recipe.
Here is a Brief Tutorial on how to get the most out of this section.
About the Prefixes, how to choose them, what they are for:Currently this section has several prefixes including:
- Copycat – This is for posting a recipe that is a copy/clone of a name brand or restaurant dish
- JAW– “Just Add Water” – this is for recipes that require only Water to complete
- ISO– “In search Of” – this is for use when you are seeking a particularly recipe. If you were searching for a copycat Olive garden recipe, you would write the following in the subject line:
ISO: Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup recipe
- MIX– this is for sharing homemade mix recipes, for example:
Mix: Chili Powder Seasoning Mix
- MYO– “Make Your Own” – this is for recipes that you would normally purchase in the store, for example:
MYO: Sweetened Condensed Milk
- OAMC– “Once A Month Cooking” – this is for a recipe that is made in bulk for freezing ahead of time, thus coining the term, Once a Month cooking.
Did you Know?
If you are looking for recipes from one of the Prefix categories listed above, you can click on the prefix (mix,JAW,OAMC,etc) and view Only those recipes available in that category.Quicklinks for Category Only Search:
How to find a certain Recipe:
- click “New thread”
- Choose the “ISO” prefix
- Type in the Name of the item you are looking for in the Subject line, hit the tab key or click in the message box with your mouse
- A window will open under the prefix line showing several threads- look to see if the recipe you are seeking is listed within those threads. If you cannot see it, enter additional details in the message box and click submit.
If you would like to search the entire site, visit:Budget101.com Forums – Search Forums
Remember, sometimes less is more. If you are looking for Copycat Starbucks Peppermint Mocha Latte, type in “Starbucks“.
By using the correct prefix when you post recipes are easier to locate and you will be more likely to receive a response to your recipe request.:jar:
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.