- This topic has 2 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated October 29, 2014 at 5:19 am by .
- October 26, 2014 at 1:58 pm #347429
Did you know that onions that are stored in pantyhose will last up to 8 months in the Pantry?
Here’s how you do it, you simply drop an onion into the hose, tie a knot, repeat. Once the entire leg is filled, you just knot the top and then hang them on a nail in the pantry. When you need an onion, snip off the bottom one.
We do ours by size and make a couple at a time, small onions and large onions, etc so that we can always have the right size onion that we need.
This is a great way to reuse hose that have a run in them.
By the way, pantyhose are $1 at any dollar store.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- October 26, 2014 at 7:39 pm #459059
Great idea. Will this also work for potatoes?
- October 28, 2014 at 7:31 pm #459099
Now this is one I have to try. I think I’ll a few potatoes too.
- October 29, 2014 at 5:19 am #459102
This is something that I do. However, we usually just buy a bag at a time, but now we realize that we can get about 3 to 5 bags and do them this way and they will definitely save us money. Especially since we eat onions almost daily in food we prepare.
Thank you for this article. Another way to help us save money is always a blessing indeed, especially with our groceries!!!!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.