How to Save Money

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

I never have been able to do the trading thing much….and I don’t do baby showers, no one around me having kids…LOL

But I understand what you are saying.

I’ve tried sooo hard to get some of my friends to see what I am doing, and understand, and do it themselves….and all I hear is I don’t have time to do that, it’s too difficult. Well, I saved over $150 this week alone, it’s worth my time.

Just like this week, we LOVE Johnsonville brats, cheapest I can get them regular price is $2.99, I got them for $1.90 – I now have 11 packages in my freezer. Hoping to get a better price next time.

I REFUSE to pay anything but tax for deodorant, shampoo, toothpaste. It’s amazing the deals you can get if you just spend a little time.

I figure that I make $50-75 per hour when I do my shopping. It typically takes me 2 hoursa week, organizing coupons, planning the list, and the shopping. I rarely save any less than $100 – when I do my shopping.

Hubby just shakes his head. But God forbid, if I had to, I could live for 3-4 months on less than $20 per week.

Thomas & Tracy Harris
      TNT Quarter Horses home of:
      TNTS Jack Be Blue – 2004 AQHA Buckskin Stallion
      TNTS Medicine Man – 2005 AQHA Perlino Stallion
      [url=”https://”%5D%5B/url%5D

Quote:
      Original Message
      To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, February 04, 2008 9:57 AM
      Subject: RE: Budget101.com : Re: My grocery savings this week!

So do I. Even the stuff I KNOW we’ll never use, Cosmetics, Tobacco Products, baby care Items,because I know that I can either Give them to someone, trade them for a coupon I want, or end up getting free stuff that I can use in Gift Baskets. For example, I just joined a Baby club and got 2 free containers of Baby Wipes, 1 pkg of diapers- newborn size) and some Cocoa Butter Lotion. This is going to make a beautiful addition to a Baby shower gift basket for a friend.

>>Premade items, with the way I coupon now, matching sales with good coupons, I actually get most of that stuff cheaper than if I made it myself.<< Again, same here, I just bought Hamburger helper for .75 a box. One really easy – super delicious meal- add 2 c. chopped broccoli (orfrozen corn)and extra water to the Taco Flavor one and you can make an excellent Mexican Soup. This whole meal feeds a family of 4 for less than $1.50 and leftovers enough for 2 lunches.

Another Item I just recently got were Oreo Cookies for .49 a Bag. I cannot make Copycat Oreos for that price no matter how hard I try!

>>Compare, use tons of coupons, and when you get a good deal, BUY LOTS<<

Totally Agree, I just bought 14 Colgate toothbrushes at Dollar General for .25 Each . I am fully stocked and will not be needing toothbrushes anytime soon. (I also got 6 free Tubes of toothpaste in the same trip).

~Liss
      http://www.Budget101.com

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.