- July 1, 2014 at 10:06 am #344981
I don’t know if any of you have accidentally left a bag of popcorn in the microwave too long, but I accidentally hit 30 minutes instead of 3 minutes and went in the other room, when I came back, about 6 minutes or so had passed and the smell was horrible and my microwave was stained. After trying to remove the smell with multiple different types of cleaners (pure vinegar, baking soda, tea, Formula 409 etc) I came across this tip to use Acetone free nail polish remover. it worked like a charm!
here’s what i did:
- Clean first with any cleaner you like to get the first layer off down to the yellow stain, this means the door, window, top, bottom, sides and outside vent across the top of the microwave.
- Use the acetone free nail polish on cotton balls and go over everything: ie, inside window and inside door, top, bottom, sides.
- Wash microwave with soapy water.
- Rinse with vinegar water.
Once the yellow stain is removed you have removed the main source of the smell! Until the yellow is gone, you will have the smell. Don’t use your microwave until you have completed this whole process.
- Final step to take is to peel two oranges, put them in a microwaveable dish with water enough to barely cover them and boil for 4 minutes.
I stood and watched them boil because I didn’t want a boil over or burned orange peels! Leave the door closed for 12 hours.
i hope this helps you!
sandrad aka sunshine! :dramathrive:
Photo Credit: WikiMedia Fir0002/Flagstaffotos
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.