- This topic has 17 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated February 20, 2015 at 8:24 pm by .
- December 31, 2010 at 12:27 am #289990
- January 1, 2011 at 2:08 pm #429467
This is ok, but it willl leave a cloudy film on your windshield, come summer you will see it. Instead of rubbing alcohol, which cost about a $1.00 for a small, less then a pint size bottle, try Windshield Washer Fluid, which will cost about $1.00 to $1.50 a gallon. And put it in a spray bottle, and spray your window to remove frost.
- August 5, 2011 at 5:36 pm #430122
Vinegar is another great way to remove frost from your windshield. We kept a spray bottle full of plain white vinegar in the trunk, in a box, to prevent leakage.
- December 22, 2011 at 2:20 pm #430909
I like the deicer that comes in a can. I think one of you mentioned here. I can’t find mine.
I needed it the other day.
- December 29, 2011 at 12:23 pm #431000
I prefer moving to the south and avoiding the ice all together 😉
- January 4, 2012 at 11:28 pm #431086
I think I would try the vinegar approach myself. Thanks for the idea! baby ruth
- January 26, 2014 at 11:47 pm #449262
That’s a nice thought 🙂
- January 26, 2014 at 11:49 pm #449263
Sounds inexpensive and fairly simple. Think I’ll give it a try. Thanks.
- January 27, 2014 at 5:14 am #449287
This is how I get frost and thin ice off my windshield too! I also wash my windows with it. Seems to clean just as good as glass cleaner!
- February 1, 2014 at 2:18 pm #449685
Will it mess up the paint on my car, aka miss daisy? Thanks
- February 7, 2014 at 4:47 pm #450244
I use to do that, but the bottle still froze, then I found windshield washer fluid made for winter, it doesn’t freeze up as the regular formula does.
- February 7, 2014 at 7:01 pm #450253
I’ve got a silly solution. I keep a piece of cardboard the sizeof my windshield. Never have an issue with it or with stubborn ice on my windshield.
Another solution is putting vinegar in with the windshield wiper fluid in my car’s reservoir. Never have I had an issue in that aspect, either. 🙂 hope I could help!
- February 9, 2014 at 8:24 am #450493
I will try the windshield washer fluid idea for frost. Thank you.
- February 9, 2014 at 3:56 pm #450516
That’s really cool.Thanks for the tip.
- February 13, 2014 at 11:19 pm #450887
Lol,,Not possible this year.
- December 10, 2014 at 2:20 pm #459759
Are these suggestions for frost or do they work on ice too? They all sound like good ideas and cheaper than starting the car and letting it run. Thanks
- December 14, 2014 at 6:13 pm #459826
Do any of the de icer, have any bad effects on your cars windows or paint?
- January 15, 2015 at 5:16 pm #460397
I use equal amounts of vinegar and water.
- February 20, 2015 at 8:24 pm #460791
Although this works in cold weather, it only works until a certain temperature. I tried it the other day and unfortunately I think negative temps were too much for it lol
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.