Budget101 Discussion List Archives Tips-n-Tricks How to Make Lettuce Last a Full Week without Wilting

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

when we put lettuce in the fridge we fold a papertowel and place it on top before covering it with saran wrap. this absorbs excess moisture and keeps the lettuce from wilting. i really don’t know if that’s exactly how it works, but i know that it certainly does work!

i don’t have a vacuum sealer thing yet like they mentioned on grocerybudget101.com for keeping veggies fresh up to 2 weeks, but I’m getting one soon!!

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

I always wrap my head of lettuce in paper towels to preserve freshness! The paper absorbs moisture which would turn the lettuce brown! Great idea!

I wash and dry my lettuce with a salad spinner. After I chop it up I put the lettuce in wide mouth canning jars with a piece of paper towel on top and use my vacuum sealer attachment to pull the air out and keep the lettuce fresh. It comes in handy when I am short on time and need to grab something quick for lunch.

I put my salad dressing in an old 5 Hour Energy Drink bottle. Having a vacuum sealer is such a great tool in the kitchen!!Amazon.com: FoodSaver Wide-Mouth Jar Sealer: Kitchen & Dining

@clarkvi 513951 wrote:

I wash and dry my lettuce with a salad spinner. After I chop it up I put the lettuce in wide mouth canning jars with a piece of paper towel on top and use my vacuum sealer attachment to pull the air out and keep the lettuce fresh.

That’s Precisely what we do as well! Here are photo instructions for those wanting to see how to do it:

GroceryBudget101.com- – A Jarful of Savings | Grocery Savings Tips

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Tips-n-Tricks How to Make Lettuce Last a Full Week without Wilting