Tagged: balloon arch
- This topic is empty.
- December 11, 2020 at 4:29 pm #595343LissKeymaster
You want the balloons to be the same size (or they can be varying if you have an arch guide. Cut a piece of cardboard to match the desired diameter size you need for your arch. You’ll need about 120 balloons in all. You can do varying colors, varying textures (polka dot,etc)
How to make a balloon arch with a stand, guide or arch-tape:
Tie It All Together:
- Pick a couple of balloon colors to match your party décor.
- Blow up 60 of each color, totaling 120 evenly-sized balloons, and tie knots to seal in the air. Use a handheld air pump for this many balloons!
- Tie together the knots of 4 same color balloons.
- Repeat this step of tying together 4 same color balloons until all the balloons are tied.
- Stack one quad on top of another, keeping the colors rotated, red, green, red, green, etc
- Carefully wrap the ribbon around the balloon knots, securing them stacked together.
- Continue connecting one quad on top of the other using the same strand of ribbon and making sure the colors stack to create spirals.
- Once all the balloons are attached, leave a few extra inches of the curling ribbon at the end and cut with scissors.
- Prop your balloon arch against a photo booth backdrop (or window if you’re using the nursing home idea) or use string to hang it up! Secure it to a wall, above a party table, along a fence, or in an entryway.
Here’s another method that uses varying sizes of balloons–>
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.