- March 8, 2007 at 10:53 pm #238376
I have a chili rec that calls for ground cloves. The jar of ground cloves was 7.00 for a small jar at the supermarket. I have whole cloves on hand.
How do I grind whole cloves so I can use what I have?
- November 27, 2009 at 6:27 pm #426538
For all spices I find the best price at World Market. Most of their fresh spices are dated and >99 for a bag. You can afford to update them since they lose their freshness quickly when ground.
- August 18, 2013 at 1:40 pm #442638
Have a seperate coffee grinder for spiced or use mortor and pestal to grind spices. Cloves would be too hard to try to breakdown with a rolling pin, but you could put them in a plastic bag and crush them with a hammer. They wouldn’t be as fine a one of the other two methods.
- August 26, 2014 at 6:04 pm #458144
I usually just use my coffee grinder.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.