Budget101 Discussion List Archives Homesteading How to drink a pine tree

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Yep. You can eat em AND drink em. Of the various weed teas that I make, this is my 11 year old son’s favorite.

He likes to add a touch of honey. Any sweetner is fine though. Find a tree that is not road side if possible.

Pull out a good handfull of green needles. Pour boiling water over them and let them steep. Ehhh, say about 5-10 minutes or so.

This is great for clearing phlem. but! but!

but! do not drink this tea if pregnant! this remedy is said to cause miscarriages in cows.

FreebieQueen

@splashangel 245148 wrote:

Yep. You can eat em AND drink em. Of the various weed teas that I make, this is my 11 year old son’s favorite. He likes to add a touch of honey. Any sweetner is fine though. Find a tree that is not road side if possible. Pull out a good handfull of green needles. Pour boiling water over them and let them steep. Ehhh, say about 5-10 minutes or so. This is great for clearing phlem. BUT! BUT! BUT! DO NOT DRINK THIS TEA IF PREGNANT! THIS REMEDY IS SAID TO CAUSE MISCARRIAGES IN COWS.

Thank you for sharing this, Pine needles are actually VERY high in vitamin C. Btw, did you know that a type of pine in Maine is the main ingredient in Tamiflu? Pine, Spruce and fir all contain a fairly high concentration of shikimic acid.

Be very careful that you identify your pine correctly- yews look similar but are highly TOXIC. Also, Ponderosa Pine are toxic to people and animals as well.

No! I had no idea that ANY pine was toxic. Thank you.

I’ll remember this in the future. I know they are super high in vit C.

OH dear, all I could think of when you said pine needle tea is how much I hate gin. lol

@HerbLady 266985 wrote:

oh dear, all i could think of when you said pine needle tea is how much i hate gin. lol

gin? is gin made out of trees?

I can’t tell the difference in the trees so I won’t be trying this anytime soon. 🙁

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login Register

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Homesteading How to drink a pine tree