- This topic is empty.
- January 19, 2022 at 10:51 am #603314Julie uskar
Did you know that you can literally cook in a paper bag over an open fire?! I know that it sounds like it’s not possible.. why doesn’t the bag catch on fire? How does everything cook so perfectly, but it does!
How to cook Bacon & Eggs in a Paper Bag
You will need:
If this seems a bit unbelievable to you, check out the video and see how it comes out!
- Open the package of bacon, take a slice and rub it all over the bottom of the paper bag.
- Once you rubbed the bacon in really well, line the bottom of the bag with more slices of bacon.
- break open the eggs on top of the bacon
- fold over the top of the bag, poke a small hole in the bag, just enough to poke a stick through to place it in the fire
- sharpen a stick slightly and poke it through the hole
- place the bag into the campfire coals, cook 10-12 minutes or until cooked throughout
Cooking Bacon & Eggs in a Paper Bag
Why doesn’t the bag catch on fire
With the bag hanging over hot coals, the bacon grease expands and gets hotter, making the bag less penetrable to fire, whilst also cooking the eggs and bacon! Amazing, right?
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- February 4, 2022 at 6:57 am #603990Frugal MomI love your creativity unfortunately what you are suggesting is probably unsafe. Paper bags are no longer safe to cook with as the are made from recycled materials. Those recycled materials could contain chemicals that could be released into the food.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.