Budget101 Discussion List Archives Tips-n-Tricks How to Clean a Waffle Iron, George Foreman Grill, Panini Maker, etc Quickly

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

If you have a waffle iron, george foreman grill, panini sandwich maker etc, this tip is for you!

Right after using your appliance, unplug it and place a wet double-sheet of paper towel between the lid and the surface. Close the lid, wait a few minutes. The leftover heat causes the towel to steam and clean the grill.

Then, just wipe the grill clean with a dry paper towel. No Effort, No Mess!

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

Great Tip..Thank You

Love this idea. So simple and easy.

Participant

To save money- instead of using paper towels and throwing them away, I always buy those Handi Wipes when see them at a good price/have a coupon (located in same aisle as brooms/cleaners) but most time I buy a big roll of shop towels (at auto parts stores and in some grocery stores). Both of these can be washed with regular clothes in washing machine after use, dried in dryer or hang dry and reused several times. Has been saving me a good chunk of money for the past 5 or so years.

Then when I can’t use them anymore I keep putting the scraggly ones (clean) in a bag and take out what I need when I need some extra stuffing to fill a saggy pillow case or craft project.

Wish I knew this tip for the past 12 years … Thank You!!

What a great idea, thank you, will be trying this tonight….

Who would have thought . . .

I’ll have to try this next time. Thanks for sharing!

I have used this method for a long time and it works great!

This is a terrific idea to get rid of the grease that usually would likely congeal.

Oh my goodness, this is so easy. Thanks for sharing.
      Donna

What a simple, yet effective idea! I just wish I’d have thought of doing something like this before now. So grateful for this one, as I use our panini maker quite a lot.

Thank you!!

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Tips-n-Tricks How to Clean a Waffle Iron, George Foreman Grill, Panini Maker, etc Quickly