- July 19, 2014 at 11:19 am #344458
Right after using your appliance, unplug it and place a wet double-sheet of paper towel between the lid and the surface. Close the lid, wait a few minutes. The leftover heat causes the towel to steam and clean the grill.
Then, just wipe the grill clean with a dry paper towel. No Effort, No Mess!
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- July 19, 2014 at 6:00 pm #456341
Great Tip..Thank You
- July 19, 2014 at 7:01 pm #456347
Love this idea. So simple and easy.
- July 19, 2014 at 7:34 pm #456348
To save money- instead of using paper towels and throwing them away, I always buy those Handi Wipes when see them at a good price/have a coupon (located in same aisle as brooms/cleaners) but most time I buy a big roll of shop towels (at auto parts stores and in some grocery stores). Both of these can be washed with regular clothes in washing machine after use, dried in dryer or hang dry and reused several times. Has been saving me a good chunk of money for the past 5 or so years.
Then when I can’t use them anymore I keep putting the scraggly ones (clean) in a bag and take out what I need when I need some extra stuffing to fill a saggy pillow case or craft project.
- July 20, 2014 at 12:56 am #456339
Wish I knew this tip for the past 12 years … Thank You!!
- July 20, 2014 at 3:27 am #456360
What a great idea, thank you, will be trying this tonight….
- July 20, 2014 at 4:16 pm #456390
Who would have thought . . .
I’ll have to try this next time. Thanks for sharing!
- July 25, 2014 at 2:39 pm #456638
I have used this method for a long time and it works great!
- July 29, 2014 at 4:32 am #456931
This is a terrific idea to get rid of the grease that usually would likely congeal.
- July 31, 2014 at 2:02 am #457032
Oh my goodness, this is so easy. Thanks for sharing.
- August 17, 2015 at 2:18 pm #461965
What a simple, yet effective idea! I just wish I’d have thought of doing something like this before now. So grateful for this one, as I use our panini maker quite a lot.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.