Budget101 Discussion List Archives Tips-n-Tricks How to Clean a stinky cutting Board

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

How to get smells out of your cutting board

Place your cutting board on a flat surface and pour enough vinegar onto the board to cover the entire surface. Allow it to soak in for 5-10 minutes, remove the excess vinegar, and wash normally.

The stinky cutting board will smell fresh once again.

How do you get stains from a cutting board? Mine is really badly stained. BabyRuth

@babyruth 211395 wrote:

How do you get stains from a cutting board? Mine is really badly stained. BabyRuth

If you use the nylon/plastic ones you can just run them through your dishwasher. Or you can pull them in the sink, add just enough HOT water to cover and add 1 cup of bleach. Leave it for an hour, drain the sink and wash the boards normally.

Have you tried baking soda mixed with some lemon juice? It should help! Not sure if your board is wood or plastic!!!

I’ve always used Bleach. Pouring the bleach over the board. I like some of the other concoctions mentioned here. I’m going to try the baking soda and lemon juice. That sounds really nice especially because I love the smell of Lemon. I even put Essential Oil of Lemon on my pillow case before I go to bed….so soothing! 🙂

go with the lemon, vinegar, hot water, essential oils…bleach very toxic to the home and especially would not be good for wood.

I have also put my wooden cutting boards out in the sun for help with smells and disinfecting.

happy cutting!

Love the idea of soothing lemon at night! What other scents are good for a restful sleep?

Lavender Essential Oil is also very soothing. I also put Lavender Oil on my pillow before bed. A little bit goes a long way! Sweet Dreams 🙂

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Tips-n-Tricks How to Clean a stinky cutting Board