- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated April 23, 2018 at 5:42 am by .
- June 12, 2016 at 12:21 pm #372761
Do you know how to pick the best, most flavorful watermelon? it’s not by tapping on it & listening, that’s for sure!
Here’s the real deal on picking the sweetest Watermelon:
1. Make sure it has a prominent creamy yellow spot. This is where it sat on the ground ripening.
No spot = premature pick = not ripe.
2. Look for “webbing”. This is the brown, coarse web-like marking on the fruit.
These marks are caused when bees pollinate the flower and scar the membranes that later forms the fruit. The more pollination = more webbing = sweeter fruit.
3. The final trick is to look for black hard globs seeping out because Folks, this is sugar seeping out!! Not insects or Rotting.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- April 23, 2018 at 5:42 am #464710
Hi, I like this post so much. The shared ideas are very useful for me to purchase watermelon good one. Watermelons have so many health benefits. It is good for maintain skin and hair and also help to improve digestion. Watermelon contains ninety percentage of water, so it’s have small amount of calories and supply minerals and vitamins to our body. It also prevent from some types of cancer. Some of the peoples are used watermelon as fat diet, because it have little amount of fat per cup. The shared tips are help for customer to choose good watermelon.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.