How can I feed a family of 5 on $300 budget

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List How can I feed a family of 5 on $300 budget

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

How do you get all the coupons. We get coupons in our Sunday paper but they aren’t the greatest. Usually not much that is worth anything to me. Thanks Chris

Kristina wrote: About a year ago we were spending about $600-$700 per month for a family of 6 (4 adults & 2 children), a cat & a great dane. In reviewing our budget and trying to trim it. Werealized that food was one of
      theareas that we couldcontrol.

I found someone in myarea (nc) that is an expert (imo) on couponing. shewrote a book and offered classes. so i figured what did i have to loose, $10 for the cost of the class.

So I went. Boy what a difference, I paid for the class in my 1st shopping trip using coupons (I spent $52.83, saved $71.38 for a 57% savings). We now spend about $275/month for the same number of people.

I only buy about 5% of our food/non-food items from Wal-Mart. Last month we spentless than $10 @ Wal-Mart. We never eat generic foods because I can get the national brand for less.

We have a stock pile of non-perishables and a deep freezer full that if we needed to stop buying food for at least a couple of months we could (except bread, milk & eggs). This has made a big difference in our lives. We are now able to apply more to our debt
      free plan, eat healthierand spend less time in the grocery store.

I am now a believer in coupons. They aren’t just a piece of paper to me, they are someone’s money that I get to spend. :o) HTH Kristina If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

—2 Corinthians 5:17

Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life?

Nope! – their life, your story.
      Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List How can I feed a family of 5 on $300 budget