How can I feed a family of 5 on $300 budget?

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List How can I feed a family of 5 on $300 budget?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Cindy Sue, The spotted bananas are perfect for smoothies (and no baking lol)just put milk, ice, and bananas in the blender. you could also add other fruit or vanilla or even yogurt. the smoothie can be enjoyed right away or frozenas popsicles for later.

the salmon is a toughie……my dad once fished for salmon and i remember thinking it would be really “gross” as a kid to eat it. so he layed out alum. foil, put the salmon in it, added misc veggies, like carrots, potatoes, etc.

then he added italian salad dressing to flavor it & a little lemon juice. i got to help (such a big deal to a kid). we folded up the foil to make a loose (but sealed) pouch, and he roasted it all on the grill (oven would work) for 45min to an hour.

I thought it was great! Salmon is also good in a leafy grean salad with italian dressing or lemon juice for dressing. But a large can
      might require a whole lotta salads LOL.

The tortilla chips will crisp right back up on a cookie sheet in the oven for 5-10 min. at about 350. Then they will taste like the warm wonderful chips you get at a mexican restaurant with salsa.

If they are the flour tortilla type, you can pan fry them in a little oil in a frying pan until they bubble up, flip to fry each side. Then sprinkle cinnamon and sugar. They will remind you of elephant ears at the county fair.

Good stuff! Hanna

“Cindy Sue Cindysioux@yahoo.com wrote: I have these things hanging out in my pantry and I have yet to figure out a use for stale tortilla chips, a single big can of canned salmon it was a “gift” from a friend but I think it may be government issue, she gave me 2 and I made salmon patties with can 1 which were NOT a hit, and spotted bananas other then banana bread?

stale tortilla chips
      canned salmon
      spotted bananas

Cindy Sue

Any transition serious enough to alter your definition of self will require not just small adjustments in your way of living and thinking but a full-on metamorphosis. Martha Beck, O Magazine, Growing Wings, January 2004

Ahhh…imagining that irresistible “new car” smell?
      Check out
      [url=””][/url]

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List How can I feed a family of 5 on $300 budget?