- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated September 30, 2012 at 8:08 pm by .
- September 30, 2012 at 12:05 am #310111
Can be served as dinner, lunch, or breakfast.
1 tbsp evoo+ 1 tbsp butter
2 medium russet potatoes-diced
s and p-to taste
1 stalk celery-diced
1 can white or yellow hominy-rinsed and drained
1/2 cup diced cooked ham
2 cloves garlic-minced/grated
1/2 cup cheddar or colby jack cheese-shredded
2 tbsp dried parsley
2 tsp dill weed
1. Add oil and butter to a large non stick skillet. Add onion, potatoes, celery, herbs, s and p.
Cook on med high for several minutes then add garlic.
2. Lightly brown potato mixture then add hominy and ham. Turn off heat.
Add cheese and cover until melted.
can add mushrooms, carrots, or any other veggie-whatever suits your taste or what’s in the fridge.
- September 30, 2012 at 3:01 am #433535
Not Suppose to eat Ham(to salty) But I cheat once in awhile lol..I will try this…. sounds Yummy
- September 30, 2012 at 8:08 pm #433552
You’re right. Ham is positively loaded with sodium, but this only uses half a cup, so maybe you can squeak by this time. ((Maybe rinse the ham and pat dry before using…))
If you like hominy and ham like I do, then this dish is worth it.
I can only have it every so often, but it’s pretty tasty when I do. 🙂
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.