- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated August 18, 2006 at 3:25 pm by .
- August 18, 2006 at 3:25 pm #237338Liss
Great for the trail or the office or a school lunch whereever you need a
boost of energy.
Honey Trail Mix Bars
These yummy bar cookies are perfect for the trail or the office – whenever
you need an energy boost.
* 4 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
* 1 cup flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2/3 cup butter, softened
* 1/2 cup golden blossom honey
* 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
* 1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
* 1/2 cup raisins
* 1/2 cup dried cranberries
* 1/2 cup sliced almonds
Directions: Preheat oven to 325 degrees.Lightly grease a 9×15 inch pan.
Combine the first four ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add vanilla,
honey and brown sugar. Beat with an electric mixer.
Batter will be very
heavy. Using a wooden spoon stir in remaining ingredients until well
Press dough into prepared pan. Bake 20 -25 minutes until golden brown.
in pan 10 minutes. Cut into bars and cool completely before removing them
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.