- This topic has 2 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated October 13, 2014 at 4:51 pm by .
- September 17, 2009 at 3:09 pm #276525rtebalt
This is called “dump” chicken because all the ingredients are put into a 1-gallon freezer bag with the chicken and frozen. The bag is thawed overnight in the refrigerator, then dumped into a baking pan or crock pot and cooked.
Honey Ginger Dump Chicken4 tablespoons chopped onion
1 1/2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon minced ginger
2 tablespoons sherry
1/4 cup chives
1 1/2 pounds chicken pieces
For freezing: Place all ingredients into a 1-gallon freezer bag. Lay flat in freezer. To thaw and cook: Take the bag out of the freezer the night before, making sure the freezer bag is completely sealed.
Place the bag on a shelf furthest from the freezer (It works best if the bag is laying flat, although this may not be the best option with a side-by-side refrigerator/freezer).For baking: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place all ingredients into a large baking dish, turning chicken to coat. Bake until chicken juices run clear (about 30 to 60 minutes depending upon the chicken pieces used).
For the crock pot: Put chicken in the bottom of the pot. Pour remaining ingredients over the chicken. Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or on HIGH for 4-6 hours or until done.
- January 27, 2014 at 12:23 am #449266rnittygritty
that sounds really good.im trying that next time i go shopping
- January 29, 2014 at 6:30 pm #449478mjwoodfI’m gonna try this. It sounds delish!
- October 13, 2014 at 4:51 pm #458888terihughes
I am going to try making the recipe this week!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.