- January 31, 2012 at 1:14 am #302959
Honey Ginger Chicken with Noodles
1 lb. raw chicken breast strips
4 tsp minced or crushed garlic
1 tsp minced or grated fresh ginger
3/4 lb thin spaghetti noodles(can break in half if desired)
1 lb frozen broccoli or 1 head fresh broccoli-cut into florets
1 small pkg frozen snow peas-optional
s & p to taste
2 tbsp sesame seeds-optional
3/4 cup orange juice
4 tbsp Teriyaki sauce
4 tbsp honey
2 cups water
1 tsp cornstarch
1. Steam broccoli and snow peas just shy of crisp tender.
2. Mix together 1/4 cup orange juice, 2 tbsp teriyaki, 2 tbsp honey, 2 tsp garlic, and ginger in a zip top bag.
3. Add chicken and let marinate at least an hour in the fridge.
4. Mix remaining juice, teriyaki, and honey in a bowl. Whisk in 1 tsp cornstarch and set aside for pasta.
5. Reserving the marinade, drain chicken and brown in a large heavy bottomed skillet. Add reserved marinade and stir to coat. Let cook down for 8-10 minutes on med heat. Add sesame seeds and stir to coat. Remove chicken and sauce. Wipe down.
6. Add water. Bring to a boil, then add pasta, remaining garlic, s and p. Cook until pasta is al dente.
7. Drain. Add pasta back in skillet. Return to heat. Stir in juice/corn starch slurry. Add broccoli. Cook until most liquid is gone.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.