Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I’ve bought and made many jars of Apple Butter, but this one is the absolute ultimate apple butter. 😉

Honey Apple Butter

1/3 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
      1/2 cup honey
      12-15 apples-peeled, cored, and cut up
      1/2 tsp butter
      1/8-1/4 tsp ground cinnamon or 1 cinnamon stick
      1/8 tsp ground cloves-to taste
      pinch salt
      1 (20-24 oz) jar unsweetened plain apple sauce
      juice of 2 lemons

1. Add all ingredients into a heavy bottomed pot. Cook on med/low for about 4 hours; stirring every little while.

((Cover with a splatter guard screen))
      2. Using either an immersion (stick) blender or a processor, puree until desired consistency.
      3. Cook for 2 more hours on low; stirring every little while.

When desired thickness is reached, remove from heat.
      4. Pour into prepared sterilized jars. Wipe clean with a paper towel.

Apply 2 piece lids; tighten just to ‘finger tip’ tightness.
      6. Process in a water bath for 10 minutes.
      7. Remove from water and place on a towel on counter.

Listen for the ‘pings’ of the sealing jars. Those not sealed needed to be refrigerated.

splenda is HORRIBLE for your health (as it turns out…it’s all chemical and nothing sugar)…

but thanks for the recipe 🙂

If one chooses to not use Splenda type products, then can just use the regular brown sugar. It’ll still turn out -extremely- good.
      I’ve read about the negative things on artificial sweetners, but since I’m diabetic, I use them anyway. Kinda like trying to decide which is the lesser evil, kwim?

Regarding Splenda. It is derived from sugar in a chemical process. Their claims of being made from sugar is true, they just leave out the fact that they process it till it is nothing but a chemical.

This recipe sounds good. Splenda or no Splenda. My family uses Splenda when drinking hot tea, but thats about it.

This recipe sounds yum!!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.