- This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated September 3, 2013 at 3:16 pm by .
- June 3, 2012 at 2:06 am #306464
I’ve bought and made many jars of Apple Butter, but this one is the absolute ultimate apple butter. 😉
Honey Apple Butter
1/3 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
1/2 cup honey
12-15 apples-peeled, cored, and cut up
1/2 tsp butter
1/8-1/4 tsp ground cinnamon or 1 cinnamon stick
1/8 tsp ground cloves-to taste
1 (20-24 oz) jar unsweetened plain apple sauce
juice of 2 lemons
1. Add all ingredients into a heavy bottomed pot. Cook on med/low for about 4 hours; stirring every little while.
((Cover with a splatter guard screen))
2. Using either an immersion (stick) blender or a processor, puree until desired consistency.
3. Cook for 2 more hours on low; stirring every little while.
When desired thickness is reached, remove from heat.
4. Pour into prepared sterilized jars. Wipe clean with a paper towel.
Apply 2 piece lids; tighten just to ‘finger tip’ tightness.
6. Process in a water bath for 10 minutes.
7. Remove from water and place on a towel on counter.
Listen for the ‘pings’ of the sealing jars. Those not sealed needed to be refrigerated.
- April 18, 2013 at 2:58 am #439101
splenda is HORRIBLE for your health (as it turns out…it’s all chemical and nothing sugar)…
but thanks for the recipe 🙂
- April 19, 2013 at 12:48 am #439116
If one chooses to not use Splenda type products, then can just use the regular brown sugar. It’ll still turn out -extremely- good.
I’ve read about the negative things on artificial sweetners, but since I’m diabetic, I use them anyway. Kinda like trying to decide which is the lesser evil, kwim?
- May 19, 2013 at 5:40 pm #439703
Regarding Splenda. It is derived from sugar in a chemical process. Their claims of being made from sugar is true, they just leave out the fact that they process it till it is nothing but a chemical.
- September 3, 2013 at 3:16 pm #443359
This recipe sounds good. Splenda or no Splenda. My family uses Splenda when drinking hot tea, but thats about it.
This recipe sounds yum!!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.