- This topic has 1 reply, 3 voices, and was last updated November 18, 2011 at 11:37 pm by .
- January 10, 2008 at 11:17 am #244468MissDaisy
1 1/2lb grated cheddar
1 1/2c very hot water
1/2cup plus 1T instant dry milk
1/2 envelope unflavored gelatin (1 1/2t)
In blender, put 1/2 of the water and 3T of the milk, 1/2t of the gelatin, and
whip until gelatin is desolved. Quickly add to the hot mixture 1/2lb of the
cheddar. Whip till blended.
Pour into a 8x4x2 1/2″ loaf pan that has been lined
with plastic wrap. Repeat this twice, till all ingredients are used. Cover pan
with more plastic wrap and chill overnight before unmolding.Keep cold and slice
as needed. Yield 2lbs.
- April 13, 2011 at 10:52 am #429861mechelle
thanks for the homemade velveeta recipe… i was looking into making cheese at home and when i told dh i had found a recipe for english blue cheese he was like good now learn to make velveeta
- November 18, 2011 at 11:37 pm #430478RanchMommy
Does this end up creamy when melted? (Like velveeta)
I can’t bring myself to feed my family a ‘pasteurized prepared plastic product’, but love the texture that velveeta lends to recipes.
Also, how long does it last?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.