Budget101 Discussion List Archives Frugal Savings Homemade tooth whitener!

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

In a small container with a lid, mix a little baking soda with
      hydrogen peroxide. Get enough of each so that you make a paste. brush
      for a few minutes, rinse.

you can add a little more peroxide if your
      paste dries out over the days.

I’ve been using this for about a week now, it works GREAT! two cents

Participant

I saw someone had posted this before and I’ve been using it. It’s great and my dentist says I have nice clean teeth now.
      Karen

Thanks! I had been curious seeing all the little ads on the internet…now I know.

This is an awesome post! Thank you so much!

Thanks for sharing this, I’m going to give it a try. I used to use D.E, but found that my teeth were becoming sensitive to cold and heat after prolonged use, so I thought it best to quit while I was ahead!

Not only will your teeth feel cleaner and whiter, it will also help kill bacteria and other germs to get rid of bad breath. I have been doing this for some time, haven’t had a cavity since.

Quote:
      not only will your teeth feel cleaner and whiter, it will also help kill
      bacteria and other germs to get rid of bad breath. i have been doing this for
      some time, haven’t had a cavity since.

wilbe95 do you gargle with it as well???

wow this is awesome.. I have spent so much money on over the counter crap that dont work!.. thank you

I just might have to try this. I quit smoking almost 4 years ago and have been trying to get rid of the stains it caused. Even if just a little bit whiter would make me happy.

Hydrogen Peroxide? Isn’t that for external use only?

@MaraJadeC 292551 wrote:

Hydrogen Peroxide? Isn’t that for external use only?

No, it’s an oral debriding agent and can be used in mouthwashes and homemade toothpastes but like any toothpaste you should NOT SWALLOW IT.

I’ve tried this a few times now. It appears to work.
      The only problem I can say I’ve had with it would be, my gums were abraded a bit…made them a little tender with a tiny bit of bleeding. My solution, I’m making sure not to put as much pressure on my brush while brushing.

I use the same ingredients but I use them a little differently. I wet my toothbrush, dip it in baking soda and then drizzle the peroxide over the top of it to saturate it, then brush my teeth. It works amazingly well!

Both my parents (RIP) used this combination on their teeth first, and then their dentures, dating back into the 1940’s -as far as my memory takes me! I, too, use it since it has withstood the test of time very well. In the REAL old days diluted bleach likely replaced the hydrogen peroxide of today….

my daughter has been doing this and it is working great. My turn now.

Thanks. if it really works, I will definitely try it. I am an ex-smoker so I have the yellowed teeth (yuck, I know) and would love to flash a brighter smile without forking out money I don’t have on crap that doesn’t work.

thank you! will have to try this!

I see this is also an older post, but yes! I usually use hydrogen peroxide after brushing with toothpaste… but thinking this might just negate the toothpaste altogether.

Thank you!

I want to say “Thank You” my teeth actually feel clean!

I’ve heard of this before and was curious about whether it worked. I’ll have to try it since all of you say it works. 🙂

This will be so much less expensive than store bought products and it will have no added fluoride or other ingredients that health conscious people are trying to avoid! Thank you for sharing this! If I could find the thank you button, I’d click that for you!

I’m a newbie….

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Frugal Savings Homemade tooth whitener!