- This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated January 7, 2015 at 2:57 pm by .
- June 22, 2014 at 10:58 pm #343327
Homemade Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup boiling water
3 tbs butter
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and beat well with wire whisk until smooth. Use in place of canned sweetened condensed milk in recipes.
- June 27, 2014 at 1:17 am #454961
Sounds like a money saver thanks.
- June 27, 2014 at 6:07 pm #454999
As you can see…it’s easy to make too! LOL!
- January 6, 2015 at 4:09 pm #460247
Thank you! Gonna have to try it!
- January 6, 2015 at 11:42 pm #460257
Easy to make, saves you money, what more can I say? However, let us know how it works for you!
- January 7, 2015 at 2:57 pm #460265
Other studies have determined that sucralose is not a biologically inert compound, having possible toxic effects, including creation of dioxin-like compounds when sucralose is heated. Even though Splenda is marketed as being suitable for baking purposes, no human toxicity studies have been done on the thermal breakdown products of sucralose.
Furthermore, even though Splenda is sold and consumed on a global scale, long-term human-health studies regarding diets containing regular daily intakes of sucralose (and its thermal breakdown products) have also not been done.
Additionally, detailed studies on the environmental fate of sucralose and its breakdown products (for example, as released into aquatic ecosystems via the effluent streams from wastewater treatment plants) have also not been carried out.
This exerpt from Wikipedia is enough to convince me that I don’t need Splenda in my body, thank you!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.