- This topic has 2 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated July 19, 2014 at 10:48 am by .
- June 2, 2008 at 8:40 pm #257974
homemade sports drink[/b]
4 tbsp. sugar*
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 cup boiling water
1/4 cup orange juice (or 2 tbsp.
3 3/4 cups cold water
In pitcher, dissolve sugar and salt in boiling water. Add juice and remaining cold water. Chill.
Makes 1 quart or four (1-cup) servings
Per serving: 50 calories, 12 g carbohydrate and 110 mg sodium per serving.
*To make a virtually calorie-free, carbohydrate-free version, use an equal amount of sugar substitute in place of sugar.
Source: Kansas State University
- December 10, 2011 at 11:51 pm #430760
Thanks for posting this. my kids really like it. I have not been able to buy poweraid in a while.
but i can make this now. Thank you so much
- July 18, 2014 at 2:24 am #456265
Thanks this is very appreciated !
- July 19, 2014 at 10:48 am #456281
We’ve recently got a new boat and was trying to figure out something different then water to take all the time. I have gotten the family off of pop pretty much and trying to find a healthy alternative. This sounds like a winner.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.